Instruments and Control Systems
The instrument manufacturing domain of AEM consolidates the leading scientific and industrial institutes that specialize in nuclear instrumentation and solving the problems of nuclear and radiation safety of nuclear facilities and radiation hazardous facilities. The equipment and devices designed by the instrument-manufacturing institutions of AEM are used in nuclear and thermal power engineering, machine building and metallurgy, chemical, oil and gas industry, aviation, geology, medicine and agriculture, and the military industrial complex.
The key institutions of the instrument- manufacturing business of AEM are SNIIP and IFTP. NIAEP, VNIIAES JSC, Atomstroyexport JSC, Rosenergoatom JSC, Gazprom OJSC, MMC Norilsk Nickel OJSC, the largest mining and metallurgical enterprises, Russian Navy and icebreaker fleet are among our customers.
All our institutions are equipped with modern research and production equipment, have a strong metrological base that allows complex technological and scientific research. We are constantly developing new techniques and carry out serial production of devices and systems that meet the highest quality and reliability standards.
The instrument-manufacturing institutions of AEM employ scientists, engineers and specialists whose research is published by leading Russian and foreign scientific journals. At present, the main direction of research is the development of new methods and tools for measuring ionizing radiation characteristics.
Designs of the enterprises have won many awards of International Invention Exhibitions, including those in Brussels, Geneva and Moscow.
AEM provides design and delivery of:
- control systems for reactor compartments and auxiliary equipment for nuclear power plants
- special systems for the reactor compartment
- nuclear and radiation safety systems
- ensuring the supply of the entire spectrum of radiation monitors
- management systems and hardware automation systems for thermal power and oil&gas plants
- field instruments (pressure, temperature, flow, level, distortion sensors)
- wide range of solutions for radiation processing of products (convenience foods, polymers etc.)
- control systems for thermal power plants (combined heat and power plants, steam-generating plants, gas, fuel oil, and coal boilers)
- local control systems for gas and petrochemical industry
- control systems for diesel generators sets
- monitoring systems for energy saving